Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Do you think they noticed??

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was invited to guest judge a photography contest. The contest was held last Wednesday evening. And I decided to walk in with out any expectation. And my nerves were at ease....until I saw how many people were in the room. I never dreamed there would be so many people in a local camera club. But they were all so nice and welcoming. Well after working out a few technical difficulties it was on with the images. Let me just tell you there was some serious talent in that room!! I wish I would have known how difficult choosing winning images was going to be. They were all so different, and great in there own way. That is the beauty of art. And I love it!! I think the hardest part was having to stand up and talk in front of people. Wonder if they noticed my stage fright?? I had fun, even though it wasn't easy. Got to meet some interesting people that I hope to have the chance to hang out with again.

In other news (well not really news but whatever) it's funny how something as simple as a new lens can inspire someone. Sometimes it's good to just play.