Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Honestly, I'm nervous. And excited.

Ok so this here blog is about to get all kind of real. So check it out. I get a phone call from the president of a local photography club asking ME to judge a photo contest. Seriously?!!? Are they for real??? Who am I to judge someone else's work? I mean I know what makes up a great image. After all I critique my own work all the time. So I tell him I'll call him back in a few minutes, I need to be sure I can get out kid free that night.

I call my husband to be sure he will be home from work in time. When I told him about the phone call he asked if I wanted to do it. I told him actually I am honored that they asked. But nervous because I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting myself into. But the fact that I am nervous (and I mean shooting my first wedding all by myself nervous) tells me that I made the right decision. They say in order to grow you have to do what scares you right?

So I called back and let him know I could do it. He told me a little about how the process works. And I became slightly less shaken. And now, I'm excited. I have no idea who's going to be there. I get to meet new people who share an interest in my favorite thing to do. But I will be judging them (Paula style I'm sure lol). I have decided this is going to be fun. I think I'll take my camera, maybe take a few shots while I am there. I will be sure to share my experience with all of you!!