Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Concrete Love in Solomons Island

As I was walking and talking today I glanced down at the walkway and saw a heart shapped hole. I pull out my camera and start taking pictures....of the ground. Does this seem odd? Maybe to some, but those who know me well are not surprised at all. I ALWAYS have my camera on my shoulder or next to me. And it's quite normal for me pick it up, crawl on the ground or climb on something to take a random picture in the middle of a conversation. The part that amuses me, is the conversation doesn't even take a break. Shooting is not a distraction. In fact it's more like breathing, I just do it. I have often taken out my camera while on the phone and started snapping through the conversation. There have been a few times I've been asked "what's that sound" in reference to the sound of my shutter. I guess it sounds like there is something wrong with the phone line. I guess the point is photography is more than a job to me, it's life.