Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

A little home improvement | Southern Maryland Photographer

There I was sitting at my desk as usual, answering emails and trying to decide where I wanted to shoot my session on Saturday. I looked at the usual spots in my home that I set up, and felt I needed something a bit different. That's when I decided I needed to paint my kitchen NOW! Well at least one wall anyway. The rest of the room can wait a week or so. But I had to paint this wall NOW! So I asked Nick how he felt about me painting the wall before the weekend and he was fine with it. The next morning I drop my daughter off at school and head right to the local paint store. The man behind the counter was very helpful when I told him what I needed and what I was doing. He seemed interested in the outcome so I promised to bring in before and after pictures. And I will share them with you now. Here is the ugly wood panel wall.


Here is a durring where you can tell I did the whole thing backwards. And brushed the entire wall. There was no roller involved.

And the final product...


Now I can't wait to finish the rest of the room. One more wall to stripe. And 2 more to pait after that. I love this wall so much!! So excited to use it as a background in some pictures tomorrow.
One more thing, can you guess where we had dinner tonight? I love watching these guys cook in front of us!