Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Hooray for Holidays | Solomons Island photographer

I love holidays when we can get together with friends and family and simply enjoy each others company. But this time was a little different than normal. My daughter wanted to use one of my older cameras to take pictures this day. But silly mommy forgot to bring it. So with teeth clenched I let her use MINE. So scary to even think about, but she's responsible. I watched her as she protected it while walking and not shooting. I watched her put the lens cap on and put it back in the bag the way it goes when she was done. But when I got home and looked over the pictures (as always) I was pleasantly surprised. So I thought I would choose 2 to share with you.

I really like how she used the bottom of this overturned boat in the bottom of the picture.

In this shot of her sister, I like how she framed her with the slats of the swing across from her. I think she has a natural eye for the interesting, or how to make the ordinary into interesting.

Isaac went for a little swim today after the rest of us finished some yard work. Can you guess from this image what he was swimming in??

If you guessed large flower pot....you are right!

At Isaac's request I took a picture of Sugar. He wanted me to stop taking his picture so he suggested another subject.

And well I can't take a picture of one dog and not the other right?!!? Although Missy would be really happy if I never pointed a camera at her EVER. She ducks every time.

Untill tomorrow....